R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)
Old 01-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Hi Everyone. My apologies for not being on here for the last week or so, I had the Novak Touring car champs all last week and just never found the time. overall it went pretty well with me finishing 3rd in both classes, I learned a ton but too little too late to win. congrats to all the winners.

Island Losi: I normally run My bodys pretty level, even though the body is level normally you will have to cut the front up a bit frurther just because the front always drags a bit more. I think that if you rake the body foreaard( front lower than the rear) the car will normally have a little more of a push. if you rake it back (run the front up a bit) the car shoule have more steering. but i never liked it that way just because it drives weird or inconsistent. For rubber tires i usually run the body where it looks right. not too far foreward or back, not too high or low on either end, and the wing is usually back atleast 4mms from the standard wing mounts. I think that the Protoform mazda 6 is the best overall rubber tire body.

Adamge: with jaco tires i normally start them at 58mms and run them down, for racing i will true them straight to around 57. I will have my set up from the novak race on the Xray site soon, I got the car very good at the end of the weekend but it was just too late to have a chance to win. i suggest to atart their.

Thanks, paul.