R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speedpassion Brushless.
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Sigearhead
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
This is exactly what mine did for the mains at US touring car champs. It was fine up until the mains then it started to do this same thing. It was also making my receiver/radio(futaba 2.4 system) go into fail safe mode. The GT worked great up until the mains when for what ever reason it started to do this where it would stop for a second and then just start up again for no reason. When I had the car in my pit I could watch it run then when I would let off it would stop for a second then run backwards for a spilt second then go forward again. I tired a new receiver, extra cap, reset everything and still the problem was there. I dont know if I would have done any better in the mains but the car stopping on the track 2 or 3 times a lap didnt help me out much. When the speedo was working it was awesome but now I dont know it is just strange how this happened. Maybe I have a bad one aswell?
I have seen this happen on a Tekin R1. The problem was he was running an Orion motor without the sensor wire. Once he hooked up the wire the problem went away. Whenever possible I would always recommend running the sensor wire unless of course you're running a sensorless motor.