R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 09:32 AM
edseb
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey buddy,

I have tried alot of 19 turn motors and KD's always seem to be the fastest. I run F brushes with red springs + and -. XXX work well too but you dont want to spring them as hard because it will beat down the comm. I usually put a verticle 1mm cut in xxx brushes and run green/green. The verticle cut allows you to run the lighter spring without arcing. I run on asphalt and usually roll my car out at 2.05-2.1 with a kd and on carpet i go about a 1.9. It seems that with the kd, it likes alot of gear but you need to drive it smooth to keep it from heating up. If i gear it low to keep it cool, I get my ass handed to me so i just concentrate on driving smooth lines and keep the roll out about a 1.9 on carpet. I hope this helps
Thanks for aall thee tips. Ran Komodo with F-brushes with cavity in face on both, and red+, green - seemed to work the best, but more trials on the way. Tried Checkpoint too and was dog even with handwound arm. I think it was sprung too heavy, but only tried it once and went back to Komodo. Friend was running e-brushes and his car showed good speed. We ran with Brushless 10.5 guys too and looked pretty similar in speed. More stuff soon, thanks again.