R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR B/L motor Rules debate thread
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:37 AM
PitNamedGordie
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
Even though this is off-topic, I'd like to provide some anecdotal info:

1) The lhs/track owner never counted on people buying motors and batteries from him to keep the doors open. He depends on track fees and selling kits and consumables like tires, parts, motor spray, etc... BL/LiPo doesn't change that.

2) After legalizing BL/LiPo, many local racers "rewarded" the track owner for making those decisions by purchasing all of their BL/LiPo stuff from him. Changing the rules actually created sales that he would have never made otherwise.

3) Legalizing LiPo meant that guys who usually only sign up for one class are now signing up for two classes and guys who usually sign up for 2 classes are now signing up for 3 classes, which obviously raises the number of entries on any given day race day and increases the amount of consumables, especially tires, that he can sell.

Based on what I've seen, the new rules have actually helped the track's financial situation more than hurt it.
And to add one more point...

I think the rule changes, at least for the stock class, theoretically are going to help new comers. The more new comers the more business for track owners.