R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Here's a pack you don't have... yet.
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Haha, I knew it. I was under the impression there was a red 1200scr in addition to the yellow 1200's, but couldn't actually remember or prove it. I found a pack, gimmee a few minutes. And a pack of 1300's. What's really sad is that these aren't vintage photo's. I shot these tonight.

Here we go. And I haven't exactly decided if this is bumming me out or not.

For you whipper snappers. Back in the day, we didn't care as much about tags and IR and stuff. it was all about the date codes. Those 1200 scrs look like "SH" codes (look close the SCE's were "SL") must have been around the transition period (and people hated the SCE's, flakey cell like the P170, see, some things never change). Was a formula that worked off of month and year. "S" might be either 1988 or 1989. I need a refresher on that. When did we first have matched cells with tags?

I found an excellent condition "RD" pack of 1200's in a restored 12L I did, but so far, nothing new in a 1200. The old 1200's were well abused around here.

In offroad, packs were blue and had a Parma sticker on 'em, and you were happy. All you needed to know was 6-cell or 7-cell. Oddly enough, the original Tamiya offroad packs were a hump configuration and hard case pack, like a lot of the current lipo offerings.

and when electronic speed controls started to become popular, you'd have to call around to an event and make sure they were legal, or you had to run the resistor speed control. Depended on the club.

<...tell us another story Grandpa...>

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 01-07-2008 at 02:03 AM.