R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR B/L motor Rules debate thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ike
Lets not forget one thing, people want to get the RC cars we race because they're "fast". Slow the entry level class down too much and we'll have fewer people getting into RC than we do now.
What we forget though is that those slower cars, for us, are insane fast for the new guys, and they are in a heat of like speeded cars... (speeded, I made a new word...again...) Those guys could just as well be going 10 mph and they'd still be shaking, sweating, and every nerve fried... As long as the cars are similar in speed (or speeded), doesn't matter the speed.

The new guys I talk to, and observe are barely hanging on to the technology, intimidated as all get out, have poorly setup cars and miserable wiring, and they don't know any better, until we help them. 15 foot circle to the right, spinning out to the left... Their tired of having a crappy looking beat up car that THEY JUST PAINTED, and holes and hunks out of the tires they just bought. Cars are bent, tweaked, sometimes the shocks go up and down, sometimes they don't.

And when you're a noob, you're extra excited and want to show off your car, and it always looks bad to whoever you're showing it to. "what's all this black crap on the front, and tape, and cracks... you paint this with a magic marker?..."

I've done some silver can racing against good drivers.. the result was excellent racing.. The speed was of no concern, the racing was excellent.

By the time people get it figured out, the rest are calling them "sandbaggers". You kind of can't win... ...lol..

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 01-06-2008 at 09:04 PM.