R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Corally RDX Phi
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:06 PM
timmay70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
Hey Guys,

Myself and another one of our drivers seem to be extremely unlucky with the stock steering blocks on carpet. We're just looking to do the right upgrades.

Are most of you running the aluminum knuckles and Specialized bumpers? Are there other solutions we should be aware of (aside from not crashing ).

Thanks.

T
I use the aluminum knuckles with the bushings, the bearings are so small that they aren't worth it. It will only take a couple of crashes, and the bearings will turn to bits. I also don't think that the bearings add anything to the chassis in terms of performance; how often do you wish that your steering was that little bit free-er? I'd also make the investment in the aluminum knuckles for another reason, if the plastic ones break, a lot of times they have the nasty habit of taking out other parts with them. Definitely worth the added cost.

The specialized bumper is definitely worth it's weight in gold. I hardly ever pile drive a corner. I am more the type that will graze apexes. Therefore, the kydex is only deflecting the blow. It takes quite a few impacts for me to put a permanent bend into the kydex. If you like to (or not) pile drive boards, well, you may have other problems that a kydex bumper cannot solve.

good luck.