R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin R1 ESC
Thread: Tekin R1 ESC
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Terry_S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I know with the MM I can change the settings to be dang smooth, with my orion/LRP set up, I get the occasional cog, just like my MM would, off the line it wouldnt cog, and when its rolling backwards and you punch it it wouldnt cog, a TC is so light, that it will either spin the tires (not often) Or it will take off hard

No the sensorless wont be as smooth and a sensored set up, but IMO, and for my applications, I can get them dang close, I think with lipos, and a good sensorless esc is the key

But in the touring car, I have only tried the sensorless set up with a MM, and a orion 10.5 with a TrakPower lipo in practice, I havent raced it, I was just curious how it ran
When you're racing it's worth knowing about any potential disadvantages and finding ways round them, or using any gains to your advantage. In the case of brushless ESC's I would choose a controller with both sensored and sensorless to get the best of both. Sensorless is great for use when racing in the wet (which we seem to do quite often in Europe and the UK!).