R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 Novak Race/United States Touring Car Championships
Old 01-05-2008, 11:06 PM
nashrcracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
The 13.5 Rubber class is the largest at Novak with just over 40 entries. 13.5 Foam is surprisingly lower then I thought it would be.

Hopefully ROAR is watching this race to help make some type of decision for the future. They can see the top 13.5 Foam guys can pretty much enter the Mod class lol
I am wondering if it's more that some of the foam non novak team drivers can't run someone elses motor unless it's a handout I have seen it in contracts. not a lot of sponsored drivers in rubber vs foam at bigger races.
As this isn't a handout race that forces them to run mod or not run at all. brushless isn't there yet in TC like it is in oval. the BRL has a corner on the brushless market in RC racing. still to many sponsored stock drivers running brushed just so they don't forget how to drive them.

we had a local take out his brushless in his TC and run brushed just so he can get ready for snowbirds, and he is a lower mains runner. says he wants to get use to the slow spinup and cornering speeds with the brushed. me I practice with 19t or mod just so I get my reaction up to speed then when everything slows down I can drive it without stress. the bad thing is my 19t is only .1 seconds faster then what I can turn with my 13mm 13.5 I would be happy to see 17.5 take over for stock brushless and slow everybody down.

as for lipo, you think brushless has made it too fast wait till you get some club racer running 2C lipo and a 13.5 and smoking the diffs each run like the mod guys.