R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR B/L motor Rules debate thread
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I really don't understand the hatred some of the racers show towards brushed motors. If they are so bad, let them die on there own my being unused, let the racers decide what works for them. But to just come out and delete all those that chose to run with that technology, just seems wrong, and I hope ROAR will take that into consideration. Just because your local club doesn't/won't/can't run them has nothing to do with what ROAR is trying to set for standardized rules.

Why doesn't someone set up a link to a poll and see what the vote would be? (I'm not web smart enough to do it myself)

From what I've read (and have raced) the equivelent structure would be as follows;

17.5/27t
10.5/19t
mod/mod
*all running under the same existing weight rules.

As far as batteries go, make the LiPo people go back and configure a pack that will fit what most of our cars where made to except, 2x2, 2x3 or 1x6 cell configurations (sorry no sticks in Nats type racing, as far as I know) You know it can be done, just look at what they do with all the different brands of drills, cell phones, etc. Quit trying to change the chicken, make a better egg. Of course I'm sure we are such a small market share, they'll tell us to get lost, but maybe thats a hint, maybe LiPos' aren't meant for surface vehicles.