R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR B/L motor Rules debate thread
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Mason
Tech Champion

damn. i had a message typed up and i hit the mouse button while over something else and poooof there went my message so i'll try to recover quickly..

Somebody was mentioning the coloured banding rings on the motor for tech reasons?? novak sells various coloured bands in their accessories page so that idea is kinda tossed out. major components such as rotor and stator will need some sort of laser etching or other not-easily-done marking for verification. i havent looked at the molded markings on mine yet - maybe some reassurance from a higher up about this as a cheating deterrant could be used. *shrug*

I don't know how anyone has had the stuffing whipped out of them by a 27t motor when running a 13.5 other than wrecks or what not. I could gear any roar-legal stock motor to death before the 13.5 will get remotely warm.

Whose crazy idea is to move 12th scale to 3.7v? That would require speed controls to be re/designed just to operate. You're forcing people to buy new stuff, just to buy new stuff. Ask yourself this. How many speed controls do i have that are 4, 5 years or older?? Then ask yourself how many $150-200 speedos you buy a year.. then ask how many $35 motors you buy, and so on with batteries. Speedos don't wear out as fast/often as motors or batteries. JoeBob Local Hobby Shop has a far greater chance of surviving on revenue from motors and batteries than the 10 bucks made on the occasional speed control. Its the same deal as kits vs parts. I face it every day in the fire truck industry. Let's stop shooting ourselves in the foot.
Stick with 7.4, Shape is a benefit of polymers. Pour the batteries a different length/shape and they can fit in to todays cars. Don't need to burn another $150 on a speedo when guys have ones that will work with it or are already available.