R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin R1 ESC
Thread: Tekin R1 ESC
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 10:35 AM
The Rev
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

"I as a buyer find it very hard to trust Novak's page because they have a vested interest in pushing sensored technology."

so go buy a mamba or an R1 if and when you can get it. you'll find out why sensorless is dominating right now. don't get me wrong, the mamba is a machine. and it has NEVER thermaled on me (sorry novak, but i hope you have a new version in the works...). but for off road or other forms other then touring sensorless is better. and i have yet to get the low end rip (in tc) out of the mamba that a 5.5 novak has on the bottom.

tekins promise of never releasing the R1 until it is perfect is gone. and from experience (mine and others i race with), sensorless don't run novak style (ie delta (?) wind motors) without cogging. and that includes low wind motors.

so who are you going to believe now? accepting tekin's claim that sensorless is just as good or better then sensored is just as bad as not trusting novak...

no flame intended, but i have to give my 2 cents, as i've run every combo of brushless around.