R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR B/L motor Rules debate thread
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Dawn Sanchez
Tech Elite

Scottrik - nope, I can't.... years ago and for years, there was only one 19T motor on the approved list because of our type of wrapping rules. Come to find out, mabuchi wrap was not preferred.... cross wrapping was...

so, we opened up those rules as of July of 2007... and still.... not really many more 19T's on the list. And, I haven't run a brushed 19T in months but I did love the cross wrap I purchased from my hobby shop.. it was the bomb!!

So, I ask.... is this BL thing going the same direction? Is what is best for ROAR really what the racers are asking for? What is best for the long term health of our hobby? Do we kill off stock by bringing in the 17.5 as the equivalent... do we combine the classes... do we make more classes... what about 1/12th.. these guys are gonna be unhappy whatever we do... Lipo is involved.. how will that effect this BL discussion....

good thing we have a team of 7 other people to help with this decision plus all these threads I'm saving and emailing to the excom for them to read....