R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 06:47 PM
JimmyMac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was waiting for you to come on here and give me a hard time. I had no spares. So I was really afraid to push the car. I'm sure you remember what happened the last time I was leading the main with my EvoIV. I still haven't fixed it! haha But I'm sure if I had that "special" 13.5 he was running and some NiMh, I could take off .5sec per lap. Don't worry though, first time out with new car. Not bad. I did TQ. We did like yall did last time we raced. I lead over half the main. But his car was just fast. He caught up but got spunned out. I stopped and waited for him and we ran door to door. We'd spin each other out and wait for each other. Everyone cheering on. It was good fun.

What parts are you talking me replacing? The car is awesome as is (minus oneway). The space between the top deck and lower chassis on the MRE is 24.5mm. The space between them on the 416 is 25mm. Optical illusion from the MRE rear bulkheads over hanging the batteries makes the 416 top deck look tall. If you are waiting for a lower top deck by .5mm... be my guest. It's low enough as is!

Hmmm, I can't afford to go to VA or MD. Not till Feb. VA only runs brushed motors. And I have no NiMh batteries. Plus I dont' wanna pay $30 for Roar member ship just to be allowed to race there. I'll wait til I have more money first. Right now I don't mind paying just $5 to race!