R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The One True 13.5 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Verndog
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default LRP 13.5 sintered vs Novak Pro 13.5 13mm

LRP 13.5 sintered vs Novak Pro 13.5 13mm

I now have had time to run both. Yesterday I ran 3 packs each motor back to back. Lap times were very close to identical...but these are still 2 different feel motors.

The Novak 13mm does have more drag brake feel then the stock 12.5mm the pro comes with...BUT...not as much as the LRP. Also the LRP still has the nod on the torque coming out of corners, while the Novak had a small amount more on top.

I recently found my temp gage to be off a good 10 degs.+ so I have a better one coming, but Novak at 4.72 and LRP at 4.87 seemed to be a real good spot for both coming off at a true 145 or so after 8 mins.

One thing I noticed, it takes some time to be able to swap back and forth and learn to drive them. After running the Novak a few weeks, then switching to the LRP I found myself scrubbing speed coming into corners. With the LRP some corners I hit neutral in the Novak, required just off neutral with the LRP or a longer delay to maintain speed.

3 of my best 4 lap times (- 2 tenths @14.5) were with the Novak, and I believe alot of that is due to I've developed a feel with this layout to that motor. I can see that with different layouts that a motor swap could provide an advantage...but I cant personally pick between them yet...except for looks the LRP has the nod...