R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2wd Buggy Battle
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 AM
Mike Marshall
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
I think Mr. Howart is the only one around here that may have raced one like I did in the 80's. Can you say the worlds at Del Mar in '84..... Associated prototype kicked the crap out of all us. And who was driving it? I will let you guys chime in on that one.

Jay Halsey of course....I'm no pup

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, its the car that make you feel the most confident and comfortable regardless who makes it and who's driving it. It might take a few tries, but if you keep at it, you will find the right car that suits your driving style.

My .02 cents.........
Thats the best information to give anyone +1[/QUOTE]

Well I.m no pup either lol. I got stomped back in the day by Mr. Howart when he was still a young guy with a mullet. It is almost 20 years later but I still can think back to one of the most amazing races I ever saw it was Rick, and Cliff Lett battling it out at RCHR in Costa Mesa before a big Reedy race. I will always remember Rick as being a great guy, he once gave me a new armature for my Peak Animal I was running when I smoked it. I didn't even ask he was just pitted a few pits away and noticed it when it happen.

I decided to go with the B4 after asking some guys that I trusted to tell me their honest opinions around my local track. I been out of the hobby for so long I am having to relearn everything. The spare parts issue of running both Losi and Associated is not that big of a deal to me. I don't mind stocking up on both. Thanks for the great input in this thread guys.