R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 04:15 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Please understand me the right way. Iīm not saying the whole EVO3 is crap. Infact in general I think itīs a good car. But in some areas (gearcase) either they havenīt done their homework or they do have problems with production. But what I donīt like at all they tell people everything is OK. But thatīs definitely not. If the EVO would be an entry level car you would have to accept. But not with a car like the EVO. At least they should say there is a problem we will look for.

If you have gearboxes with tight tolerances everything is fine for you. But all the people here I spoke to do have this problem like my EVO. And yes itīs from beginning and not from wear. All the kitīs were European and Japanese versions. Maybe US versions are different production.

Another point of view. Square is making an aluminum gearbox for the EVO3. Do you think they make this one without reason? They make optionparts for the TC3 also but no gearbox.

Iīm not shure if there is a picture regarding the spacer modification. There were some pictures from a danish car with different modifications (aluminium diff...) at tamiyaracing.net but as it seems this site no longer exists. This was one of the cars with the spacer modification.