R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speedmerchant Rev.4
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 05:33 PM
timmay70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozrc80
hi guys

i am picking up a speed merchant revision 4 very soon and i have absolutely no idea where to put my esc and reciever.....so could someone post up a pictuture of their electronics lay out please????

are 1/12th's better controlled with a stick or a wheel radio????

cheers ozrc80
This is a picture of Steve Boice's IIC winning chassis. The Rev.4 should layout simular to this chassis. If you are using the Old Skool front suspension, one thing to remember is to mount the servo as far forward as you can, centered on the chassis.

During the build, someone got fancy and mounted Steve's speed controller crooked. If it helps the balance left to right to mount it like that, I'd say go ahead. It beats adding lead to balance the chassis. On the Rev. 4, if you feel up to it, the transponder could be mounted to the front of the chassis, instead of on the servo. Just keep in mind that the wires shouldn't interfere with the steering linkage.

Since the pic is so large, I will post a link to Mike Dumas' and Billy Easton's Cleveland cars from '06, both of which were Rev. 4.5s. Just to give some variety..