R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:14 PM
paulsrc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!

I traded my XXX-T MF1 roller + parts for his supposedly brand new Duratrax Vendetta. In his ad he was advertising a "brand new vendetta." I asked him about the condition of the car over PM and he said he never ran it and that it was "brand new." Now fast forward a couple of days later and this is what I got. Granted that the car is still in great condition. But it is way far from "brand new."

Problems I see:
1) Rear hinge pins bent
2) Rear hinge pin cover bent
3) The "brand new duratrax 1200 nim. battery pack" registering less than 4 volts when I plugged it into my ICE charger. Shrink wrap messed up, etc. Daryl later admitted it's not brand new and that he used it a few times.
4) Scracthes and gashes all over the underside, bumper, wing, shock towers (probably from flipping over) and the supposedly "new duratrax blue alum. rear hub's."
5) Mud caked onto various parts on the car. This is the ultimate proof that the car has indeed been used and not "brand new" like madman23 said in his ad.
6) Radio system not working (extreme glitching)
7) VR 3 motor cuts off at full throttle, presumably toast

I am not an unreasonable person but at the same time, I would greatly appreciate a bit of honesty. If madman23 had only listed in his ad that the vendetta is "lightly used" then I would not make a big deal at all. But of course, Daryl had to list it as "brand new."

Having said that, I am willing to overlook a few of the things I mentioned above but I should at least be reimbursed for the broken parts. Of course, the whole time we were talking through email, Daryl just denied everything, saying that the car is brand new, never used. I sent him these pics below and still he thinks that he sold me a "brand new" car.

Daryl, how old are you? By the way you try to avoid any type of responsibility, you're acting like an 8 year old boy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vendetta Ad.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	298581   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02905.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	298582   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02913.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	298583   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02906.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	298584   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02912.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	298585  

Last edited by paulsrc; 01-04-2008 at 12:28 PM.