R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Unauthorized Shipping Costs
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 05:41 AM
trf racer
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Pete,

You were credited the $38.99 for shipping and over a week ago on the 21st, the day we responded to your question. You may want to check your credit card statement before flaming a company that is trying to help you.

Also, you said had you known there would be shipping charges you would have canceled the order. Not a problem, we are sorry you misunderstood there would be shipping and handling charges when you order from a Foreign country. Which is why we told you to simply refuse the package for a full refund. We didn't want you to keep an order you were not happy with. That's more than fair, and very reasonable. You're not happy, not a problem, refuse the order, we'll credit you back.

You were unhappy, we offered a full and complete refund. That's as good as can be done, by any company, anywhere. We offered that to you, right off the bat.

Just as a side note, It says 3 times during the ordering process that the total given on Foreign orders, "excludes shipping". And it also says it on your order confirmation in the email you get from us,

We are not a shipping company. We hand the package off to the shipping company on your behalf. And when they give us the total that they require to ship you your package, we then charge your order for the shipping and handling. We don't know it at the time the order is placed. This is the most accurate way it can be done at this time, to keep you from being overcharged in shipping by using the exact physical measurements of the package.

Order was placed at, 5:44pm December 5th.
Order shipped via Express Mail, December 6th.
Order delivered to you, in Australia, December 14th.
You contacted us for a refund on the shipping Dec 20th, at 10PM.
We gave you a complete refund on the shipping and handling the morning of Dec 21st.

You then come on this internet forum on the 28th , and flame us for not giving you a refund on shipping. Which we did a week ago, within hours of you asking.

You even accuse the whole thing of sounding "fishy", that it would never happen, AND IT HAPPENED A WEEK AGO... Get your facts straight.

You then respond to one of the posts above with:

Yet, it's perfectly fine for you to accuse of us of that very thing in your very next post.

Ironically, when you wrote that, we had done just that, issued you a full credit to your card a week earlier. And you're betting it would never be made... And we're not supposed to be upset by that?

THAT, is absolutely FALSE. Get your facts straight. We paid that for you, a week ago, check your card statement. You're not out one thin dime, although we are, having paid for your parcel to ship to Australia. And instead of commenting on how quickly we handled every part of this order for you, you have decided to flame us for helping you.

Do I sound irritated? A bit, and I apologize for that. I'm upset that we helped you in every way we could and every way that you asked for, after we did EXACTLY what you wanted, practically "instantly". And now, you say you've lodged a complaint with your card company as well because you hadn't checked to see that we did exactly as you asked.

I don't know that any company could have done a better job of getting you that package any more quickly or accurately and just a few days before Christmas to add some pressure to that part of it. We responded, "instantly" when you had any questions, and then you took up to 5-6 days to get back to us. We did everything we could, and even paid your freight on this one.

Even here, you're flaming us now, over something we handled instantly and you overlooked for the last week. That's hardly fair to us.

We've shipped hundreds of thousands of overseas packages in the last 20+ years. And not to toot our own horns here, I don't know any company could do it any faster, or any more accurately. Even this whole thread came about because you missed the 3 times we mentioned the total "excluded shipping" on your Foreign order, and we got you your package ASAP with the correct items in it. Not one piece of this scenario where you felt it necessary to flame us, was caused by us. Everything you asked us to do, was handled instantly. That's what you want in a good Mail Order company. You asked, we delivered, and we did it quickly. Then you had an issue, we also handled that for you "instantly".

And to quote you in the above post.

We agree to that statement.

I suspect that you will feel I treated you rudely here, and I apologize for that. If you feel that it was such that you should never order from us again, I understand. And I apologize for that as well. But you can't come on a forum, flame a company and not expect them to give you an answer. It may or may not be the one you like, but you flamed us after we shipped you your order in record time, then paid for your shipping when you asked, and here we are.

Regards,
-Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies

I havent used stormer hobbies before but from what i have seen here they seem very reasonable.
seems this peterb is a retard and i hope HE dont con more shops,il certainly notify the shops i use of this person and this thread.