R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 07:53 PM
gixxerman
Tech Master

Note to all NASCAR racers at TRS, to reiterate Ed's post, we debued the brushless 13.5 pan car Friday night. What a blast!!!! I was given the opportunity to drive the car in the second round of qualifying and I can assure you those who ran it will never run a brushed motor again! On the unfortunate side the brushless car was ABSOLUTLEY no comparison to the brushed version, the BL car has a ton of torque off of the bottom end and a more linear powerband. I along with Ed plan on having our cars brushless next Friday, anyone with questions please ask Ed or myself! So heres the plan so far....

1- We have set a target rollout to work with. With a 59mm tire a 98t spur and a 34tp the FINAL ROLLOUT is 64.31. We will be coming up with a 3-4 pinion rule that will accomodate tire wear or size! If you need to figure out what you will need go to www.gearchart.com

2-If you win a race or your car is visibly faster than the other cars it will be teched and inspected...........IF YOU ARE CAUGHT CHEATING THE WIN WILL BE TAKEN AWAY AND AWARDED TO SECOND PLACE, A $10.00 fine will insue! If we have a pot by the end of the year we will have a cash race with the money.

3-NO OVERSIZED ROTORS OR BEARINGS!

Benedict and Harding, I made these rules for a generalized purpose to keep things fair for everyone, and I will be focusing mostly on you 2, so watch your step!