R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna/Pico 7 port... Any good?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 10:39 PM
JPHRacer
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Proficar403
That "7" port engine annoys me. The engine really has 5 ports, like all the other outlaw small blocks. The extra two "ports" are just dummy holes in the sleeve.

I have never run one, but i have seen one. Sure, it has exceptional power. I am not downing the engine's performance, by no means. It just annoys me that ofna added two dummy ports to get attention.
You are very much mistaken. They are not dummy ports. They are not part of the transfer port system, but they do serve a purpose. They work as part of a by-pass port system that helps to scavenge extra fuel into the motor. All .21 on road motors use some sort of a bypass port system. Most of them have port in the piston to to help out as well.

BTW ofna did not even add the two bottom ports you are talking about. The colari 5 port, which this motor is based off of, uses the top transfer ports and the two bypass ports under them to make it a 5 port motor. Ofna has the motors made with the two corrector, slot, ports added in to make it a seven port motor.