R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ninja BO1A or V-spec.
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 09:39 AM
gtsum
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
I've run V-Specs for a couple of years now, and am very happy with the engines. I've watched some folks in our state series with Ninjas to see how they've fared, and it looks like they're harder to tune and keep running than the V-Specs. I do NOT have first hand experience though. I know that the engines are fast from watching them on the track, and the guys who have them say they have a very smooth powerband.

I'm going to tear my engines down and check the crank pins on them for roundness. Both of my V-Specs needed pinching at about the 3 gallon mark. Like 22Racer said, the crank pins on the V-Specs are relatively soft, but I can't comment on what that means for longevity of the pin yet. As far as performance, I've never wished for more power than I currently have yet. I think they're one of the best values on the market, even if they're not going to run 10+ gallons.

Bravo! That could be one of the best, non biased opinions of the vspec I have seen yet! Plenty of power, tunes very easily, great runtimes, but they (generally speaking) tend to not last as long as other mills (assuming regular wear...not user error). I still like the Ninja better, but for the price you can now pick up a vspec for, they are very attractive and cannot be touched at that price imo...