R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 07:49 AM
IMPACTPLAYR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sedans are like a sedgehammer?? You have ever driven my Losi....LOL

However IMHO, 1/12th scales are the best way to train yourself for other classes.

CMW and Ray are correct a 1/12th is like a scalpel...... precision equiptment, and driving one puts you at the peak of your skills, however etting one up teaches you the attention to detail that once applied to other forms of racing really helps make sure you can really have a fast, more bulletproof car......

I even take my 1/12th with me to tracks that most likely won't have a 1/12th class...... First of if enough 1/12th guys show up I can race it, but the main reason is.....

I begin settng up my sedan and getting it to feel like I like it. Next I put it back on the bench and never place it o the track agian unless it's to race, or I broke something and I need to reevaluate the handling..... I then do all my practicing with my 1/12th!!! So I can better learn the coarse, and also I can peak my skillz before the actual races..... Too bad I just figured this works really well for me last weekend!!!LOL

Why does this work..... it's all on the principals of racing a 1/12th. If you wanna be fast in 4 cell 1/12th you've gotta carry alot of cornerspeed, you've also gotta run a much tighter line than you would with a sedan. Also if you maintain your corner speed a 1/12th will be much faster than a sedan allowing you to keep your motor much closer to peak RPM around the coarse...... I have a little story, but I will wait to post it later after I finish the yard and get a bath......