R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - why are we still running sub-c cells??
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 10:41 AM
C_O_jones
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
From what I understand, the 13.5 is faster than 27t brushed, and the 17.5 is slower. Sure you can gear the 17.5 to the moon and make it fast, but that makes the motor run hotter and draw more amps. As has been mentioned and as I have seen, 19t and stock can run very similar lap times depending on the track. If that is the case, how does mandating a different brushless motor to run with stock change anything?

And, for all of those that complain that novak has the bl market and they want to run lrp, orion, etc, at this time, only novak has the 17.5.

The talk about fairness always comes from the brushed racers who think that brushless has an unfair edge (which in the 13.5 it does, although the edge gets smaller as the brushed racer is better.) But, handicapping a far superior technology to placate those that want to hold onto brushed for another year will not help.

If roar does make the 17.5 the stock equivalent, I guess all of those that bought the 13.5 will have to get the 17.5. That is another $80 people have to spend to run bl. I am not complaining about the $80, because I will spend it, but forcing bl racers to waste another $80 to compete with outdated and declining technology contradicts all of the brushed advocates whose main argument is to stay with brushed to save racers money.
I would rather have you spend the $80 for the new motor than the brushed guys having to spend $300 to go BL stock.

You jumped the gun on what will/should be considered stock.
What will happen at all the Big races where stock is a handout motor? Add another $40 to $60 to the entry fee to run BL?
At those major races, there is no "team handpicked motor"