R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 09:18 AM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Applesauce
Just question about glueing tires. How do i do this? I have seen some guys use q-tips. And do i do both sides(inner and outter edges)?

Thanks for your help guys
There are two reasons to glue a tire.

1. As a preventatiuve measure to stop chunking and lifting og the foam at the edge of the rim.

First buzz the sides of the tires to get rid of any overhaning foam on the outer edge of the rim. I angle the side wall of my foam by a degree ot two so if I hit anything its rim that touches and not foam. True the tires to size. Then ca the joint between the rim and foam extending into the foam about 1mm. I just use the nozzle of my bottle of thin CA. For the fronts I spin the wheels slowly while touching the tip of the bottle against the side wall. All you want to a thin layer not a shiny area or globs. When dont allyou want to see is a slightly darker area of matte black foam.

2. To reduce traction and stop traction rolling.

Do the same as above but put CA all the way to the contact patch. I like to do this while truing tires. Trim the side walls back as above then CA the entire out side side wall. Then true the tire to size and slighty round the edges.