R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - why are we still running sub-c cells??
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Impulse_racer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
You like to put words into mouths huh. I didn't say a BL would last forever...who wants it to, it will be obsolete within 2 years....but during that time there is a good chance I buy nothing for it, maybey 1 set of bearings, and all the time playing with motors is now mine back to use as I wish. You exagerate a point to make yours sound more realistic...not that simple. I'm only saying fewer of those things you say no to...they dont go away obviously.
Not my words or exageration. It is the common theme/thought in the first bl vs brushed threads. The words "last forever with little or no maintenance" is repeated often. Look, I am not against lipos or brushless motors, they are the future. What I am against is the change or die attitiude of the "fans" of these technologies. They want no middle ground for those that like to tune brushed motors or those look at battery and motor maintenance as a part of the racing experience. They want to kill off without regard to entire sections of the hobby or to the racers that are invested in the current technologies. Change is the only constant, but racers should be allowed to change at their choice and not dictated to. When was the last time you liked it when someone said to you "Just do it because I said do it!!"