R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Verndog
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JuhoL
The low friction belts will be a running change in production. I'm not sure which belts the new kits come these days. The older belt says UK on it, the newer one is UG if I remember correctly.

Even the stiffer belts are fine after they have been run for a while. I know it might take a while to run them in with a stock motor though. On the positive side they will pretty much last forever.
After 4 months of weekly racing mine has loosened up running 13.5 finally. But it still will not free wheel well at all. Just yesterday I set out to find the issue. I had a small amount of resistance in the center pulley, and cleaned / lubed the bearings with the RPM bearing blaster. Both pulley and front diff were rolling well, and as soon as I connected center shaft to front belt (back was still off) the binding started again. I agree, that on the track this may not amount to much, but cant help with heat and battery life.

So, a loose belt still will not free it up from my experiance, it's almost as if the gear pitch on the belt, is slightly different then pulley.

Will there be a different part number on the new belt...how will we know when to order??