Thread: SX12 Problems
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 11:02 AM
EdwardN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: SX12 Problems

Originally posted by Accord
I am having so many problems with my SX12 engine, I am getting EXTREMELY frustrated, I feel like throwing the damn engine through a window!

I'm breaking in the engine, i'm on my 6th tank. It will just randomly start when I try mabye one out of ten times, the car will run beautifully for about 3 minutes, then the engine will begin to idle extremely high even with the carb slide completely closed, mind you the engine does not shut off, it just idles extremely high regardless of my idle and low end needle settings. Of course I shut the engine off and check everything, and when I go to restart it the the engine just won't start nomatter what I do, however it eventually starts after like 30 minutes of trying everything, and I didn't even do anything special; it's like the damn engine has a mind of it's own and is out to get me! The engine will not start, I have tried numerous glowplugs and they are all fine, I have tried using different glow igniters, I have tried the pressure lock thing where you cover the exhaust pipe for 2 seconds and dry-start it like it says in the manual, I have tried every possible setting on the needles, and to no avail, THE ENGINE WILL NOT START! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This time the engine won't start at all, also the 12v powersource for my powerstart box is fine. I am running 30% nitro fuel, this is what my LHS reccomended.

This problem only started happening on the 5th tank or so throughout the break-in, before that it started up instantly and I never had any problem at all.

I've tried everything I can think of, nothing works.

can I sugest something? Can you check if it is possible, right after the engine dies-if there is everything turning or moving absolutly free, if there is nothing feel lose. It might be after running 3 minuts something goes bad due to the temperature expancion too. And after your engine dies it needs time to get all parts to its original position. yuo can check this possabilities too.