R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Wild Cherry
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Loverc
guys, do you know how many times a new "non-matched" battery pack needs to be cycled in the car before delivering max output??

I got some Orion 4500mh cells (same as the ones in their rocket sport packs) soldered them like any competition pack and when I tried them in the FTB44 (2 cycles at the moment) my novak 5.5r (sintered) seems ok for a few seconds but lacks a LOT of torque, top speed is ok

Right, I dont know if I'm dissapointed in the novak 5.5 system or if I have to cucle the pack more...the gearing is fine 84/18= 11.67 the motor is very cool since I'm not using to body yet and its very cold and windy here

With that gearing I should much more bottom end...are the brushed know to be more Torquey??

The guy at the lhs said they were very good cells for the price as long as they soldered like a pro pack....

Are brushless smoother on low end??

I know I could get the gearing changed for more bottom end but the speed is just about right

everything runs cool, battery come off at 45C (110F), drivetrain smooth and spins free

Hopefully, its down to the batteries and will get better after another 2/3 runs/cycle...

Just a little confused/dissapointed since I was hoping so much out of the Brushless system, especially the 5.5r yes its sintered

Any input would be great, thank you!!!

Recheck & programed the Radio & ESC correctly...