R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What things are you looking forward to most in 2008...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:56 AM
ToddFalkowski
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When I read someone posting SWTour, get out of the '90's... He's probably done more progressive things in oval racing than anyone has. Please take that into consideration.

To me, the time thing is sensitive. While I do believe there's a wish out there for longer races, at the same time, that lengthens the day. Sometimes dramatically. I think while a 20 minute heat may attract some, it'll turn away others. Catch 22. Time isn't the answer.

I'd personally like to see some consistency. I'd like the NiMh battery thing to settle down. I'd like to see some rules to brushless. We're asking it to be used in a spec situation, where there really are no established specs. While I'm regularly accused of being anti-LiPo, I'm not- again, give us a spec. I'm scared that people that are currently on the progressive end of LiPo will be stuck with something they cannot run. It's like we're putting the cart before the horse, if that makes sense.