R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 10:22 PM
mafiaracers
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well....when this car was designed on the CAD program...the top of the line ESC were half the size and weight of the current BL ESC's...and the new and light weight spektrum RX's weren't out yet....and BL motors weren't half an inch longer and none of this lipo stuff was available for us to be concerned with the Left or Right placement of weight in a car.

But suddenly now all this stuff is readily available on a racing platform and poses some items that were not addressed as a major part of chassis design. These cars were designed around a standard ESC, Brushed and 6C setup.

In my case, if you take a 15.7 ounce 6C battery and replace it with one that weighs 4.7 ounces....I don't care what you say, the car handles like crap without altering either 1, setup or 2, getting it back up to par on the scale. I have no desire to change my setup to accommodate a lighter battery.

Besides, weight offers FREE traction. Probably why the pros run a heavy 6C battery AND 1.5 oz under the rear of their cars AND 100% "TEAM" material plastic on their cars...not the FACTORY TEAM graphite...they run heavy and flexible cars because it works.

So I figure....if i'm going to be adding that much static weight into my car, and I'm running Lipo and i'm running BL and i'm running the big huge BL ESC....you do have more weight on the Left than the Right so why not at least try to even it out a little....

1/8 off road cars moving the engines closer to the center of the chassis...so it is more balanced and has less weight transfer from Left to Right. Why do you think HUDY offers metal pins to put under their TC's to balance the car from Left to Right? It works and it's obviously not "frivolous" to Mr. Hudy so...