R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - why are we still running sub-c cells??
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 08:17 PM
darnold
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bill- Motives that you can only speculate on since you were not there and you were not inside the heads of the people who spoke to see what they were thinking.

You have written a number of things that insinuate peoples' motives that may be a lot of speculation. There really isn't a debate to me as NiMh is the legal battery on the major racing scene with Lipo and NiMh running side by side on the club racing scene. When the major sanctioning bodies decide to make a change then racers will make that change.

This really isn't about Lipo's being able to run alongside of NiMh's, instead it seems to be about running only Lipo's. I honestly think Scrubbs is on to a lot.

Hey Bill, were you one of the people wanting 3K's and then 3.3K's and then 3.8K's...???? Oh well, I'm done, nothing more to say. Have fun trying to force your will upon others with your philosophical fundamental of: it's easier, less maintenance, better, and in the long run less expensive routine so everyone should just switch right now.

Because even if it is, the very nature of competition has a way of pushing the boundaries and forcing those that are game to push them also and then others have to. Then all of a sudden costs are up even more, no maintenance and fair playing fields (didn't we hear that with the 3K's???) and everything else slogans go out of the window.

Oh I know, at that point there will be something else to push that will be the silver bullet to provide us with that holy grail of no work, no driving, no guts, and no glory racing.