R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Most popular(best) brushless combo for B44
Old 12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
glassdoctor
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Castle is not a "racers" oriented company and they don't get it. They have a handful of sponsored guys, but often they don't even communicate with them, don't listen and react to their feedback, etc..... things might be different if they did, and the little issues might not exist.

I for one have never said the Mamba is the greatest, and certainly not when it comes to high level racing. But it's not nearly as bad as some like to shout from the rooftops.

btw, that last big weekend race... I noticed a glitch 2 times in my 4wd and none in my truck that I recall.

Word on the street is that the new software will improve the initial throttle startup (better more accurate sensing of the rotor position)... that means less cogging and it should mean that my "glitch" will go bye-bye. Also, there will be much better dead band adjustment features that will allow it to be tailored to any radio and allow very low throttle input.... slow crawl.

I don't know if this will actually come true, or when... but if it is true, it will be a huge leap toward being a high-end level system, esp when used with a normal race motor like Trinity/Orion/Speedpassion and probably even Novak.

I may be moving on to try another brand very soon... but for anyone with a MM, this will be big.