R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NovaRossi .21 Plus 21-5 review
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 01:21 PM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
hi!i have a plus 21-5 and i must change the conrod.one shop near me has 2 conrods to choose from.the jp conrod {jp-07009}and the jp R6 light without the upper Bushing.Can i use any of these without promblems?and which is best?the light R6 last longer or not?
to use the rod without the bushing on the wrist pin side you will need the coated wrist pin that goes with it ! put a standard rod either r4 or r7 , dont use those axe rossi rods on ebay (JUNK!!!) . the r5 rods by novarossi seemed to be milled out too much on both sides , seen them snap 3 times (not in my engines) if you dont know what to do , you should let someone that knows a thing or two about engines replace the rod for ya , should check the wrist pin or just replace it while it is torn apart . if the rod is wore out , there is usually more wore out than just the rod !!! fyi

if you wanna send it to portland(LOL) with the parts(i can get parts also) and return shipping i will inspect and return the engine in the best it can be condition !!! pm me if interested
Houstons Engine Service
later , monty