R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what is thermal shutdown???????????????
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 11:26 AM
K_King
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
There is no emoticon (smiley) that can express my astonishment, maybe if you combined all of these-> I hope to God that one of these Three things is the reason behind you starting this thread.
A) You are in elementary school (which would be why you can't use deductive reasoning to figure out what "Thermal Shutdown" is).
B) You are somebody in another country that doesn't speak English (although Castaic, CA is in the U.S., but hey maybe your a transplant).or,
C) You are joking (if so, I don't get it)
If by some chance that none of the aforementioned reasons are true (more than likely the case), then you sir, are an idiot. Allow me to break it down for ya nice and slooooooow. Thermal, hey that word is almost like thermometer, HMMM, what does a thermometer do? It measures temperature. That must mean thermal has something to do with temperature, but is it hot or cold (more on this later)? Shutdown... You obviously know how to use a computer (although your lack of capitalization and punctuation leads me to believe otherwise). So all you would of had to do is click "start" down in the bottom left corner of your screen and move your mouse over to the button that says "Shut Down". If for some reason my instructions were not simple enough for you to understand, I made a pretty picture that might help explain it (see below). Now put the two together (Thermal and Shutdown that is) and you will come to find (and all on your own I might add) that thermal shutdown means that if my speed control gets too cold then its gonna shut down, but wait that wouldn't make much sense, because speed controls get hotter as you use them. Don't worry though, the genius engineers over at Novak figured that out too, so rather that make it to where the speed control shuts itself off when it gets too cold (like you were probably thinking), it shuts itself off when it gets too hot. So, now that I have insulted your intelligence, explained to you how to use deductive reasoning, and explained what thermal shutdown is, the internet is a better place. On the other hand if one of the listed reasons is true, I'm sorry for insulting you, and wasting everyones time (although I'm sure someone might find my ranting funny). Now don't everyone go and get there panties all in a bunch over me flaming this guy, I don't care if someone asks a questions (albeit a very very simple one). I just think people should do a little more research before starting a new thread.

Funny you call him an idiot, insult his intelligence and spelling, but you don't know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE.