R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - why are we still running sub-c cells??
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Impulse_racer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
This kind of comment has been made quite often here on rctech despite the fact that many of us mod guys, who have already switched over to BL + LiPo, know that it's not based in reality. Sure, there will always be stock and 19T guys who would rather race their wallets than step up and race with the big boys, but that doesn't mean everyone in the hobby behaves this way. Heck, the best driver at my local track still uses brushed motors, old NIMH batteries, and he smokes everyone because he has the best throttle control. The only difference is that we BL + LiPo guys aren't going out and spending big money on NIMH and brushed stuff in order to keep up with him. We have all the power we need on tap and now just need to improve our driving. No matter how many times the naysayers make comments like the one above, the new technology has made racing much more enjoyable and inexpensive for me. Some of us actually like racing a lot more than tinkering with brushed motors and cycling NIMH batteries in the pits...
Not a naysayer. What I said was that racing and competiton breeds inventiveness. Brushless motors and Lipo batteries in R/C car applications is relatively new. It will evolve. And as brushless motors and Lipos take over there WILL be companies who will invent ways to gain an advantage over the guy next to you. And racers will buy whatever it is to gain that advantage. It is the nature of racing and competition and most importantly human nature.