R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which engine modifier??
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mremtr
I too have modded engines, and I had access to a flow bench ! I know all about port timing ,the different port scavenging ,be it rotary valve or piston port and all variables in between, And it is a trial and error game with out a flow bench and smoker !
I laugh when I hear "It's a compromise" Oh brother, you don't think that O.S. or Novarossi or any of the other top brands don't have 5 axis cnc ?? Your kidding your self !! They do and it can do ANYTHING your shaky hands can do and then some !!I know I have run them !
The guys saying they alter the timing ? with what shims ? you cut chrome you loose bottom end!! You raise the ports you you increase rpms ,big deal you loose bottom end ,unless you cork up the crankcase. Then you need to fight off pre detonation, I've done all this it is not easy with out the correct tools.
Goodluck with the mods though , and yes AB does know his stuff !!! He has the goods !!!! As for EB........
a flow bench isn't nearly as effective on a 2 stroke as they are on a 4 stroke...... You can increase the airflow in the engine all you want, but unless you control the pattern of that extra flow you will just end up wasting fuel out the tuned pipe.... By manipulating the intake angles I can shape the flow pattern inthe combustion chamber to make better use of the intake charge...... By doing certain procedures I am able to strengthen the engine shrnerle effect , which in turn produces more power and better run times..... a raw flow analysis will not show anything to with the engines shnerle patterns and I am very skeptical it would aid much in modding these engines....or at least not when concerning some very key elements of 2 stroke performance....