R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - why are we still running sub-c cells??
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Danny/SMC
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackpower
Its a good thing that batteries are close in voltage now,what worries me this year is the cost,last season i could get 4 cell pack for $37,this season its $47 from the same supplier and its cose of the higher mahs i think.
in 8 years i ve seen more people leaving this hobby then the ones getting in,and its all for the same reason:costs of racing is too high batteries and tires mainly.foam tires this season went down thx to jaco from average $18to$10/pair,thats significant and it will ease up on a lot of racers.in the past 2years 3 big race tracks in the tristate area shutt down,hobbychambers in ct,horsham in pa,and south shore in long island.
thre are simply not enogh people getting in the hobby and a lot are leaving.
as a leader in the battery industry danny u should take steps to lower the cost of cells not to match extra 0.0001 volts out of the cell and charging extra $10 bux for it,common man $65 for 6 cells is way too much especially when they cost in china untreated $10

We do offer a chepaer matched pack it's called our Economy pack and it retails at 75.00 instead of 105.00 for our Race packs. The difference in voltage is very little and this pack is really popular for us. We can't control if racers want to spend and extra 15-20 bucks to get an .003-.005 in average voltage.

As far as pricing goes the current prices of matched packs is not much higher than it was in the past. The cost of cells has gone up but prices have stayed relatively the same.