R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Non R/C Projects!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=loriding69;3948220]Here are more pics of the caddy named "UNPREDICTABLE". and yes that is my daughter Marsi trying to hop my caddy one day right after i washed it. she did pretty good at getting it in the air. the pic doesn't show it but she did. [/QUOTE=loriding69;3948220]

Sweet car.

Here's a few pics of my low. 83 Cadillac. I can't take much of the credit for the original build, a friend of mine did it. But I had to re-do all the electrical, pumps, etc, after 2 separate FIRES!!! If you're juiced, carry a fire extinguisher. Stupid cheapo fomoco solenoids. I had 3 of them running the front and 3 in the back, still frying, fires, etc. Went to dual fork lift solenoids, been sweet ever since. 48 volts to the back, 72 volts to the front. Full frame wrap. I blew the left front cylinder about a year ago. Got the replacements (going 2" longer on the fronts) about a year ago... need to find time to get that handled.

Easily the funnest car I've ever had. My nephews always want a ride in uncle Bob's "bouncy car".

The local chief of police is a good friend of mine. He told me on the "down low" that they have never received more "complaints and phone calls on any single car or driver... ever". Most of it had to do with me laying a big 3 wheel going through intersections. Old people would call in that some car went through the intersection so fast it nearly rolled... So they call the law... ...heheh... I'm going like 10mph.

I could get a 24" double pump out of it, but I'm better at "clownin" with the car than competition hoping.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-07-2007 at 03:14 PM.