R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI 8 OR ASSOCIATED 8 which is BEST?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:43 PM
SkarTisu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
If your 8ight is handling the rough stuff like crap, you definitely most likely have it setup wrong. As far as short suspension arms? WTF? My 8ight and my friends 8ights here handle the rough stuff wonderfully. Usually that means your dampening is too hard.
I would start the day on Truhe's setup, then start adjusting rear swaybars and antisquat as the track broke down. My complaint about the rough track handling is that the car would kick violently on sharp edged ruts. These are the kind of ruts that compress the suspension completely. I think the explanation is a perfect example of yin and yang. The 8ight has its mass on the chassis centralized. Very clever design, and it makes the car very responsive. The downside is that when something upsets the chassis, it gets out of shape further (because of the lower moment of inertia in the chassis) than other designs, like the Kyosho, Jammin or X-Rays.

Over rolling bumps or small choppy ruts, the car was fine. At a recent race that had a section where the track was chopped up with some sharp edged ruts, my Kyosho was gobbling up the fast Losi in the main with me. However, when we got to the hairpin corners, he'd leave me behind because is car rounded the corner a lot quicker.

Again, the 8ight is not a bad car by any means. I just didn't like that facet of the car.