Thread: Break in stand
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
bobf24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I dont know if youve guys have heard of this or not,

http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/biss/dow...iss_manual.htm

you have to scroll down half the page (they have some options for homemade set ups at the start), and its a program that you hook a servo up to, and you can use a computer to control your break in, I've got it and it works really good, I set it up just to keep blipping the throttle during 9min runs, after 9min it will shut the engine off (you set your idle up so the servo can close the carb off completely), you can set how much throttle you want it to blip, like 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, servo speeds, servo pause times, etc... its nice because then you dont need to sit and pull the linkage to keep blipping it, also the guy that does the program is pretty good, if you want small tweaks like different servo pauses or speed options, he will revise the program for you and send you a new version, it adds to the cost of the stand since you need to buy the program and the servo controller, but I split the cost of everything with another guy, and if you break alot of engines in, its really nice not to have to sit with the engine all the time, just check in on it once in a while to check temps,

I'm using it on a RD logics stand, I just shoe goo'ed a JR 250 servo right to the plate, and set the linkage up from there, also for airfilters, I'm using a normal buggy filter on mine, the fan shroud pushes the neck back enough that everything clears, I think at one point the prop hit the neck, but it just made a slittle clearance groove in the prop and thats it, now it always clears no problem, and it didn't damage the filter neck when it hit at all,