Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 05:50 PM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by bbntc3
Out of all the pivotballs I have tried the TI Racing pivots were the best, as far as Ti goes, and the AE TI Pivot balls were the worse. I have just gotten the best luck out of the stock Ae pivot balls. By drilling them you loose alittle weight,( a 10th of a gram here and there adds up) and theres really no strength lost. Plus the Ae ones are the cheapest and easy to find. I never bend a TI pivot ball they always break, at least with steel you sometimes only bend them, so with a bent pivot ball you can at least finish a race.
I also have some stock mugen pivot balls on order I'm going to give them a try.

Mave: I hate to say this, but read pages from beginning to end here.
The best way to fix the toe length problems is make you a few sets with lundsord turnbuckles and captured ball ends. Get turnbuckles the right length, so you have the ends ran all the way inside, (so they can't be compressed on impact). I think I started with one set of 2" buckles and 2 sets of 1.750 buckles. I made 3 sets 0/1/2 toe in. You may have to cut some off the turnbuckles for exact fit.
Hope this helps! BB

well,I'm glad to say,after 3 days of talking to 50 million people,I'm taking your advice and putting the stock ones back in......on your council DON bbntc3..... (see,I'm not so arrogant...)