R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 04:03 PM
OB42TC3

Default Re: NTC 4?

Originally posted by mave
Does anyone else think so? If not please share your ideas on a proper setup of the car, hopefully that will re-kindle the flame for NTC3 at my local track again. Thanks in advance.
The biggest problem I have had from last season to this is stripping the gears; I think I have found a big part of the problem(and it is very unobvious). It seems the cases are seperating under high rpm and load. I have blown 3 rear gearsets at my last two races. Long story short, I was using the aluminum socket head screws and the case was opening and then snapping shut; ever hear a snapping sound when you hold the car in your hand and rev it and let off the revs SNAP! This makes a lot of sense if you think about it, nobody has problems right after building it, it's only after they have had the car a while(after the case screws have been worn). Mine started after the screws got loose. I am going to put the lower shock mount screws in along with new cases, and finally got a full set of white gears too, and it should fix the problem(if it doesn't I'm shopping for another car)