R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 02:12 AM
taz5176
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
I may be mistaken but I don't think Hudy has a 1.5 mm ball hex... I only have the 3 mm ball hex and I find them useful when I take out the shocks from the lower arms.

2 mm ball hex could probably be useful when you mount the rear shocks to the shock tower. By the way I mount them (I don't mount my shocks on shock towers anymore), I do not see a need for the 2 mm ball hex.

2.5 mm ball hex would be usefull to access the cap screws that hold the engine to the engine mount. Usually the engine heatsink gets in the way but then again, I seldom take it out. When the engine needs to go off the engine mounts, that is when I take the heatsink out too and you can access the 2.5 mm cap screws directly. I only access the screws at the bottom of the chassis if I need to take the engine out.

In case nobody knows, the 7 mm socket wrench is actually for the Serpent wheelnuts.
hi initiald
1. do u know wat socket wrench size for the fuel tank nipple?
2. currently, im using white springs for front w/o the shock tower & yellow for rear at the lowest shock tower position. i wanted to mount the rear shocks at the bearing block w/o the shock tower but too soft for yellow, will the blue springs help to stiffen it up? wat springs r u running at the rear btw?

thx