R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 20 Minute Electric Main Li-Po Truck Class
Old 12-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Craps
Tech Master

Originally Posted by air8
Thanx guys. I'll mention that and see what the response is. I was to understand that the voltage difference would matter the most in the stock class. Doesn't matter to the LHS owner in mod classes. But in stock class is where he's worries someone would have an advantage.

With Nimh there is a difference when charging at different rates but using the same battery. But lip batteries are a different breed and to me, 7.4 is 7.4 with lipo. Yes, they do vary in voltage but most of them act the same when talking about the same voltage. I appreciate the info and I'll mention your replys. The main thing is we're going Lipo here. Yippeeee.
In the stock class I really think you are splitting hairs on something that would make very little if any difference in a 5 minute race. A 5000 mah battery in a 2wd stock truck with a 13.5 would run around 50 minutes and 6000 mah would give around 60 minutes, so for a 5 to 10 minute Stock Truck race I don't see it making a difference unless the lighter weight of the 5000 mah battery might have an advantage over the heavier one.