R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Roadburn
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 18's

Well, I know what Bill was trying not to see in the class. He was pretty stern at first when we suggested the class to keep it box stock. But then, I was constantly suggesting things and he had to rethink it. After we set on a few rules Open House came allong and just blew everything out of the water. What Bill didnt want to see happen and actually I had to agree with him was this: The oval guys had a class with the 18t's, I guess at first it was a pretty good class. There was no battey or motor rule basicly an open class. Well, people were spending hundreds of dollars hopping up the cars to the point where no one wanted to run it anymore. An oval guy told me he put $500 into his 18t...thats just nuts.
So basicly what I know of for the oval and mini touring class is this. You must run the 370 motors and you could run 1400 stick packs. ESC under $100, any radio ( at first he did insist on the box stock ) now with all the intre's it would be cool to have 8 in the mains. The recoils are running a different motor, I went through this with Bill. However everything I've seen so far they are junk. I believe he is letting us run any servo and any hop-ups. However watch the your weight. Check out the Hot-Racings Graphite chassis. I may be running these Sat. oval, if so I'm building another car and getting that chassis.

Any ya guys running CVD's?

Craigger