R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Ener-G 4600 Ni-MH Cell
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Actually about 95% of the people in the RC business do it to support their racing or enjoyment....PERIOD. If you think Jack does this to make a lot of money you must not know him very well and what his "real" business is.

I know I started mine just to HELP cover some of my racing cost and it grew much larger than that....enough to live on but not much else...and that depends on the cost of living where you are located.

I dont see where people act like they are doing it out of the kindness of their hearts they just get tired of the same old "Battery matchers are evil...they make a fortune off of poor racers".....that's simply not true at all. If there were no "small" matchers you would be paying 100.00 a pack like back in the day when I started racing!

EA
I also agree 100% of what you say. I helped out matching packs at a local hobbyshop back in the real early 90's and yes it does suck for the amount of money is made from it but it still made money. When it became a non money making product we quit doing it.

Technology is changing so those that figure it out will keep on going and like any business those who don't will be closing shop. Its very cuthroat so and won't be chaning anytime soon thats for sure.

Brian