R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2wd or 4wd???
Thread: 2wd or 4wd???
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:13 AM
slakr
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Maybe I either don't understand the question... or some of the responses

4WD I would think is going to be easier to drive. 2WD, and in particular 2WD mod electric buggy has typically been considered the toughest and the "elite" class; many say that if you can handle it, you can handle anything.

2WD will require much better throttle/brake control than 4WD. It seems the big issue with 4WD in the past has been durability. But, with the new Academy and AE kits (maybe Kyosho and some others too); this seems to be less of an issue. Maybe now the only problem for a beginner in 4WD is that they usually run in a mod class (but that doesn't mean you can't use a stock or mild 19T/10.5/4300 motor).

The key to whatever one you choose is to not get discouraged and probably the best way to improve is to get out on the track and practice.

I myself have run 1/8th nitro 4WD buggy mostly (currently a proud RC8 owner), but I have an AE T4 ( for stock class 13.5 BL/LiPo) and Academy SBV2 (I am starting with the 10.5 BL/LiPo) that I will be running inside this winter. In the 4WD class I know I will be out there with guys running a 5.5BL; but I will just take my time and learn how to drive consistantly and when I outgrow the 10.5BL I will step up to a hotter motor.

Anyways, this all obviously IMO