R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - b44 vs sbv2 pro
Thread: b44 vs sbv2 pro
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
gndprx
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
I was running an Academy car up until about 4 weeks ago. Granted, it was not the Pro, but a Sport V2, with the Pro rear CVDs, arms, hubs, Diggity front shock tower, B4 Ti camber/steering rods, Pro front one-way on the center shaft, and Losi shocks/springs w/ AE pistons. The last race I ran it I had just installed new front plastic diff halves and new steel rear diff halves. Fastest laps was in the very low 20 sec. range. TQ'd and won, but that was mostly cuz the fast XXX4's couldn't deal with the rough sections of the track. Got a B44 middle of the week after that race and ran it the following Saturday. Box stock setup and my fastest lap was mid-high 18 sec. And the layout was tweaked a little and, to me, was a little harder. The B44 just felt SO much more planted, while having a TON more steering. The SB, I had to tap the brakes to get it start sliding to make a tight 180, the B44 just needed the little bit of default drag brake in the GTB. No question in my opinion which car is better. Never really broke either car, so durability isn't a concern on either car yet.
You had a one-way in the V2, were you running a one-way in the B44?

I'm not criticizing one over the other. I'm just curious about the handling differences if you're comparing apples to apples.

Thanks.